I hate listening to the radio in the morning. My commute to work is about 20 minutes and in those 20 minutes, I usually hear about 15 minutes of DJs talking and commercials and 5 minutes of music. I seriously can’t stand that. I don’t want to hear you talk in the morning. I talk to people all day long. I want to hear music that will get me mentally awake and prepared for the day. The pointless blabbering of morning DJs does nothing but annoy me.
So, I’ve taken to making CDs for my morning commute. I pull a compilation of about 20 songs from my iTunes library and create a CD of music that will help me mentally prepare for the day. I’m sure it sounds totally strange to some of you that I would have to make myself a CD instead of just plugging in my iPod to my stereo but, my 2007 Hyundia didn’t come with a plug for my iPod. It didn’t come with cruise control either so don’t be too surprised.
I’m coming to the end of a month with the current CD so, I thought I’d share the music from this CD and see if you have any suggestions for the next one. Feel free to laugh at the songs on here.
Here are this month’s songs in order:
- All I Do Is Win – DJ Khaled ft. Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross & T-Pain
- All of the Above – Maino ft. T-Pain
- Circus – Britney Spears
- Dynamite – Taio Cruz
- Eenie Meenie – Sean Kingston ft. Jusin Beiber (I will admit that I’m slightly ashamed of this one but, something about the music…it doesn’t make me want to kick tweens like most anything involving Jusin Beiber does…)
- Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys
- Encore – Jay-Z
- Good Life – Kanye West
- Good Vibrations – Glee Cast
- Got Your Back – T.I. ft. Keri Hilson
- Hate – Jay-Z ft. Kanye West
- Love The Way You Lie – Eminem ft. Rihanna
- No Love – Eminem ft. Lil Wayne
- Not Afraid – Eminem
- Power – Kanye West ft. Dwele (The video for this is simply ridiculous…and not in a good way.)
- Rockstar 101 – Rihanna ft. Slash
- Run this Town – Jay-Z ft. Rihanna & Kanye West
- Talkin’ 2 Myself – Eminem ft. Kobe (This is my favorite song off of Eminem’s new album. It’s simply amazing.)
- Whatcha Say – Jason Derulo