In honor of my 24th birthday this Sunday, October 24, this week’s Tuesday 20 is about me! And…it comes with a bonus! Since I’m turning 24, you get 24 fun facts about me. Here we go!
- I was born at St. Peter’s Hospital. It’s not the only time in my life that I was late but, it’s one of the few. I wasn’t in good shape when I was born. I inhaled some stuff and my lungs didn’t appreciate it.
- My mom wanted to name me Cassandra so she could call me Cassie. From what I’ve heard, my dad didn’t see the use in naming me for a nickname and said they should just name me Cassie. (I’m also not sure he put it so nicely.)
- I love my name because it’s kind of different. Professionally, it would be much easier to be named Cassandra, though, so people wouldn’t think I said “Cathy” when introducing myself or pronounce it “Casey” after seeing it.
- My middle name is my maternal grandmother’s name, Elaine.
- I have two sisters – Wendy and Melissa. Neither one is my “full” sister but, both are just as important as if they were. Wendy is 16 years older than me and Melissa is 5 years older than me.
- Yes, my hair is naturally blonde. It is, however, a little darker than I like it so, I lighten it up every couple of months.
- My blonde hair is probably darker than I’d like because for about 4 years, I dyed my hair every shade of red possible.
- I was a cheerleader for a long time. I started in Pop Warner and was a cheerleader in high school.
- I used to play piano and the flute. I was first chair (meaning section leader) for flue in my high school band. I was moved up to the “serious” band but, had no plans on being serious about it so, I asked to be moved back.
- I’ve had the same best friend for 20 years. She’s managed stick with me through some ridiculous stuff and I couldn’t ask for a better friend.
- I didn’t see The Wizard of Oz until I was a freshman in college. My mom would try to make me watch it when I was little but, I could never get past Toto being taken by the witch.
- I have a 4 year old maltese poodle mix named Emma Hazel. She’s named after my great-grandmother, Hazel Emma, who passed away around the time Emma was born.
- I had surgery on both my knees in high school to release a tendon and remove scar tissue. I still have trouble with my right knee sometimes.
- At one time, I had 12 piercings. Now, I have two (one in each ear).
- I don’t have any tattoos but, there’s one that I’ve always wanted.
- In college I studied, marketing, management, interior design, finance, communications and public relations.
- My first job was as a page at my local library when I was 14. My job was to pretty much clean the library and shelve the books. The worst part was “reading” the shelves. I had to go through the shelves and make sure they were all in the correct order.
- I taught Sunday School for four years. I was never sure about the religion part of it but, I enjoyed working with the kids that I taught.
- I never forget my first impression of someone. Most of the time, my first impression is dead on but, there are some I have been wrong about.
- I love strawberries and blueberries. Absolutely love them. I’m always kind of sad when berry season is over.
- I hate, hate, hate cold weather and snow. There is not a molecule in my body that was cut out for upstate New York in the winter but, I love it almost every other time of year.
- I cannot stand the smell of squash (including pumpkins). The smell makes me nauseous. My parents always had to carve out the inside of the pumpkin for me at Halloween.
- I love to cook and try new recipes but, I get really self-conscious about cooking for other people. I’m always nervous that it will be terrible.
- I would have never imagined that I would meet one of my best friends and my boyfriend through Twitter. It was a very pleasant surprise.
Did I miss something that you wanted to know? Ask away…